Did you know that the use of salicylic acid (Aspirin) dates back to the fifth century BC? As described by Hippocrates, the bitter powder obtained from willow bark was used to reduce fever and relieve pain – which is very similar to the way we use it today.
But besides being an extremely effective pain reliever, Aspirin also has some other amazing uses which you probably didn’t know about. Read on.
HERE ARE 9 AMAZING USES OF ASPIRIN:
1. Removes Perspiration Stains
- If you are getting ready for an important event, but your favorite white dress shirt has a sweat stain, try this trick: crush two aspirins and mix them with 1/2 cup of warm water, then soak the stained part of the shirt in the solution for two to three hours.
2. Dries Up Pimples
- You have a date, but there is a big pimple on your face.
- Here is the solution to your problem: Crush one aspirin and mix it with a bit of water.
- Apply the mixture to a pimple and let it sit for a couple of minutes before you wash it off with soap and warm water.
- This trick will help you reduce the redness and soothe the sting.
- If needed, repeat the procedure until a pimple is gone.
3. Heals Insect Bites & Stings
- Aspirin can also help reduce swelling and soothe the itching caused by mosquito or bee bites.
- Wet your skin and rub some aspirin over the spot.
- Note: If you are allergic to bee stings – we advise you to seek medical attention at once.
4. Treats Hard Calluses
- These tablets can also help soften hard calluses on your feet.
- Mix five or six crushed aspirins with 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon of water to form a paste.
- Apply the paste to the affected areas, wrap your foot with a warm cloth and cover it with a plastic bag.
- Leave for 10 minutes, and then exfoliate the hard areas with a pumice stone.
5. Helps Restore Hair Color
- This use of aspirin is especially useful during the summer, as swimming in a chlorinated pool can have a noticeable effect on your light-colored hair.
- But do not worry as you can return your hair color by mixing six to eight crushed aspirins in a glass of warm water.
- Apply the solution thoroughly onto your hair and let it sit for ten to fifteen minutes.
6. Controls Dandruff
- Have you a problem with ‘snowflakes’? Follow these steps to get rid of them: Crush two aspirins and add the powder to the amount of shampoo you use when you wash your hair.
- Leave the mixture on your hair for 1-2 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
7. Lengthens The Life of Cut Flowers
- If you want to keep your flowers fresh longer, try this: put a crushed aspirin in the water before adding your flowers.
- You can also add any multivitamin, a teaspoon of sugar, a pinch of salt and baking soda, and even a copper penny.
- This trick works especially well for roses, making them last much longer and stay in better condition.
- Of course, don’t forget to change the vase water a couple times during the week.
8. Garden Aid
- Aspirin is usefully for your garden, too, but be careful when using it around plants, because too much of it can do damage to your greenery.
- Some gardeners use aspirin as a rooting agent, or they mix it with water to treat fungus conditions in the soil.
- When you are treating soil, you should put half or a full aspirin tablet in 1 quart (1 liter) of water.
9. Helps Revive Dead Car Batteries – Works Like A Charm
- If you are on the road and your car’s battery died, and there is no one to help you out, try this trick: drop two aspirin tablets into the battery itself.
- This may help you start your car because the aspirin’s acetylsalicylic acid will mix with the battery’s sulfuric acid to produce one last charge.
- Always works.