Eating a lower amount of carbs each day can be challenging, but it’s worth trying. If you want to try a low-carb diet, read the following tips on what you should do. Also, you should first consult your doctor, so that he can approve that you should make this kind of change in your diet.
1. If you decide to eat carbs, you should consume them in the morning because they will give you energy when you wake up and you will be less hungry later in the day.
2. Don’t go cold turkey when it comes to cutting out carbs completely from your diet. You should lower the amount slowly. First, limit the starchy type of carbs, drink plenty of water during the day, and you will be fine.
3. You should include some complex carbs in your diet. You should eat oats, veggies, legumes, and sweet potatoes, which will boost your metabolism and improve your digestion.
4. Try to add as much vegetables and fruits as you can in your diet, because they contain many nutrients, but don’t have much calories.
5. If you happen to have cravings for sugar, you can make your own sweet meal, instead of reaching for a chocolate bar.
6. Protein is very important thing in this whole process because it will help you burn fat and you will build muscle.
7. If you really like pizza, you can eat one, but without the dough. You can search for some recipes on the internet, and you will see that you will love it.
8. If you find cutting carbs from your diet to be a hard task, you can add a string of cheese in your snacks.
9. You should avoid low-fat diets, because you will feel like you don’t have energy throughout the day. You can add some healthy fats such as fish, avocados, olive and coconut oil, and cheese.
10. When you want to eat pasta, you can make the zoodles version with any kind of sauce and you will be amazed how tasty the dish is.
11. You can make the zoodles with a spiralizer. You should use it on zucchinis to make the ‘’pasta’’.
12. Eggs should be a staple in your diet. They are very versatile, contain a lot of protein, but are low in carbs and calories at the same time.
13. If you want your diet to be completely successful you should stop drinking sodas because they are full with sugars and will block the progress. Besides water, you can drink flavoured water, or smoothies.
14. You shouldn’t use regular flour if you want to make your own bread. Instead, you should use almond or coconut flour.
15. Use cauliflower as much as you can because it is a low-carb vegetable which can be used in many different ways.
16. You should buy many low-carb snacks so you can avoid reaching for an unhealthy snack.
17. You can also use an app on your phone which can track the foods you eat and show you what’s in them.
18. If you want to try a simple and low-carb meal, you can try making a spaghetti squash.
19. When it comes to your coffee, you should drink black coffee, without adding any milk or sugar.
20. Almost every food has a low-carb alternative version. You should find your most favourite food and try it out.
21. You should eat smaller meals few times per day and make sure that they have a lot of fiber and protein.
22. Consistency is the key. Stick to the diet, and you will get used to it.